Human Behavior Specialist, Educator, Business Consultant and Internationally Published Author
Dr Demartini is considered one of the world’s leading authorities on human behavior and personal development. He is the founder of the Demartini Institute, a private research and education organization with a curriculum of over 72 different courses covering multiple aspects of human development.
His trademarked methodologies, the Demartini Method and the Demartini Value Determination, are the culmination of 42 years of cross-disciplinary research and study. His work has been incorporated into human development industries across the world.
Read below for John’s tips on how best to get yourself ready to sing!
Your voice is the instrument upon which to play the symphony of your life.
To assist you in overcoming your fear of singing consider doing the following few actions.
- Select a song that is truly meaningful and inspiring to you – one that is aligned with what is truly most important and valuable to you – one that brings out the message you would love to share.
- Learn, know and repeatedly rehearse the lyrics of your song until you feel ready and inspired to sing – the more you rehearse the more confident you will become.
- Visualize yourself singing your song in a way that inspires you and moves the audience to make the difference you desire.
- Focus on your purpose for singing your song the outcome you desire for your audience – when the why is big enough the “how” takes care of itself.
- As long as you are focused on serving the audience you won’t be focused on yourself – you can only feel frightened when you are forgetting your purpose and audience and focusing only on yourself.
- Identify any admired traits, knowledge, skills, or talents of any imagined audience member that you might be intimidated by.
- Identify within yourself where and when you demonstrate or display these same or similar traits, knowledge, skills, or talents until you can see that you are not missing what you perceive in them in your own unique form. This helps level the playing field and relaxes the distracting energy of comparing yourself to your audience.
- There is nothing missing in you – you have your heart waiting to fluently guide you.
- Sing and sing and sing. You learn to play the flute by playing the flute.
- Let your heart sing with gratitude for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
May you sing your song with love.